Monday, July 21, 2008

Stardust by Neil Gaiman

I want to say that this book is different from other Gaiman books; however, anyone familiar with his works knows that all of Gaiman's books (of which there are about a bazillion) are different from each other. This book tells the story of Tristran Thorn and his adventures through Faerie to find a fallen star for his "true love." Gaiman's wit makes this story quite charming and I think I may have startled a few passengers when I laughed out loud on the train. If you saw the movie, read the book - there's so much more to the story than you've seen.

Leatherby Libraries Call Number: PR6057.A319 S73 1999
2nd Floor Humanities Library
Review submitted by: Jessica Cioffi, Holocaust Education Coordinator, Rodgers Center
Rating: Highly Recommended

1 comment:

Josette said...

True, it's a wonderful book and the movie's much nicer! This was my first Gaiman book and I look forward to reading more of his books. Here's my Stardust review!