Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith

In theory, this is a fantastic idea -- the book takes Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice characters (and text) and mixes in killing zombies. While everything about this concept is appealing to me, I just couldn't get into the text. Maybe I don't like Austen as much as I thought I did, or maybe the author just doesn't do a very good job blending these two worlds. I would, however, recommend Seth Grahame-Smith's Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, which I am finding much more enjoyable.

Leatherby Libraries Call Number: PS3607.R348 P75 2009
2nd Floor Humanities Library
Review submitted by: Jason Keller, Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences
Rating: Not Recommended

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more. The best part of the book was the re-do of Austen's classic opening line. After that, it went anemic.