Thursday, August 9, 2012

Beyond Personality by C.S. Lewis

I’ve always admired C.S. Lewis, who made closets (or “wardrobes,” as they say in 1950 England) so compelling, as possible passages to a magical place, with his “Chronicles of Narnia”. My admiration grew as I cried my way through the biographical movie “Shadowlands”, after which I could no longer read anything by or about him, without picturing the wizened face of Anthony Hopkins. But it’s taken me more than 20 years since I first learned Mr. Lewis authored works on Christianity to get around to reading one. What a waste of time! (the waiting, not the reading!) The illustrations used to elucidate the essence of the Christian Faith are brilliant, inspired, and inspiring. 68 pages.

Leatherby Libraries Call Number: BT 101 .L473 1945, 2nd Floor Humanities
Review submitted by Tracie Hall, Serials and Acquisitions, Rinker Law Library
Rating: Highly Recommended 

No comments: