Monday, June 22, 2009

All My Friends are Going to be Strangers by Larry McMurtry

I’m a fan of Larry McMurtry’s writing and was expecting to enjoy this book. In fact, half way through it I was becoming anxious (and not such a fan), because it was so ridiculous. Maybe people actually behave this way, but I just couldn’t find any reason to continue reading EXCEPT that I love McMurtry and was hoping that he would somehow redeem this book. There was no mystery as to where the title came from. . . this boy in a man’s suit was destined to be friendless and even Larry couldn’t save him.

Leatherby Libraries Call Number: PS3563.A319 A79 1981
2nd Floor Humanities Library
Review submitted by: Linda Greeley, Research Assistant, Anderson Center for Economic Research
Rating: Not Recommended

No comments: