Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Secrets of Harry Bright by Joseph Wambaugh

The title alone made me want to read this book. I loved it! Wambaugh can write a very authentic crime novel because he was former LA detective and the often the location of his stories are southern California which I enjoy as well. This story actually takes awhile to get going but I find the narrative so hilariously written I didn't mind the slow story line. The story is much less about Harry Bright as it is about all the other characters along the way. But the story also has a very painful depiction of the grief associated with the death of a child.

Leatherby Libraries Call Number: PS3573.A475 S4 1985
2nd Floor Humanities Library
Review submitted by: Linda Corcoran, Anderson Center for Economic Research
Rating: Highly Recommended

No comments: