Monday, July 6, 2009

The Stations of Solitude by Alice Koller

"I collect fierce beauty, and I am curator of my own collection" (p. 355) is one of my favorite lines from this second book by the author of The Unknown Woman. According to Koller, you do not need to be wealthy to have beautiful things, because beauty can be found in memories, in nature, and at museums. In this book, Koller describes her life, which is a life lived with her beloved dogs in remote, wild locations. Something about this woman's writing has really struck me and I cannot believe how fortunate I am to have discovered her.

Leatherby Libraries Call Number: PS3561.O398 Z477 1990
2nd Floor Humanities Library
Review submitted by: Stacy Russo, Chair of Public Services, Leatherby Libraries
Rating: Highly Recommended

No comments: