Tuesday, July 28, 2009

When You are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris

I've read David Sedaris' Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim and he comes highly recommended by everyone from 30 to 60. I just don't enjoy his writing. He sees the humor in life's situations, from a very sophisticated but very dark and humorless place that I try to stay away from. He has a tremendous eye for detail, though, and because he hits on those life situations we have all experienced, I'm sure readers have that "oh, yeah, that's happened to me, too" moment. Overall, I would encourage you to give Mr. Sedaris a try and decide for yourself.

Leatherby Libraries Call Number: PS3569.E314 W48 2008
2nd Floor Humanities Library
Review submitted by: Kathy Wright, Executive Assistant, Office of the Executive VP & COO
Rating: Somewhat Recommended

No comments: